Thursday, January 14, 2010

Massive Update! Part one - Noel Night and Gallery Opening

Well it's been a while since I last posted here so I thought it was about time for a massive update! Soo much has happen since my last post!


First off there was Noel Night! Noel Night happens every December and Detroit's whole cultural area, the Detroit Institute of Arts, the Detroit Science Center, the Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History, the Detroit Historical Museum, along with others, participate! It was really fun! Jongmee and myself shared a huge fourteen foot table and sold prints, holiday cards, framed pieces, along with a few other things! It was really fun and I met a lot of nice people there! Below are two of the paintings that I did for noel night/the holiday season! :D



I sold small and large prints and holiday card versions of these at Noel Night along with a bunch of my other pieces I did throughout the last year and a half.

Also in this past December I had my first solo gallery show that lasted two weeks! It was crazy getting everything together for it but was really worth it! It was really great to see everyone's reaction to my art! It was in the U245 gallery at the College for creative studies!!
Here are a few pictures from that! :D


Left wall

Main wall



Right wall

My gallery show consisted of fifteen framed digital paintings that covered three walls!

I will be posting again in the next few days!
Cheers!
Tyler

No comments: